Our final blog of the year is a fun one… We’ve rounded up our favourite Christmas stats. Ping down to the bottom of the page if you want to see the lot, but for those of you who would like to have a bit of fun, we have them in quiz form first!
1. What percentage of parents have an advent calendar?
- a. 43%
- b. 53%
- c. 63%
2. Who is least likely to own a Christmas jumper?
- a. Mum
- b. Dad
- c. Secondary aged child
3. What percentage of mums rearrange the Christmas tree (at least a bit) after their kids have decorated it?
- a. More than half
- b. Less than half
4. Which is true…
- a. Around a third of primary parents have an Elf on the Shelf
- b. Around a third of primary parents prepare a Christmas Eve box
- c. Both are true
- d. Neither are true
5. What is the average amount of money spent on a teacher’s Christmas present?
- a. £5 or less
- b. £6-£10
- c. £11-£15
- d. £16-£20
- e. More than £20
6. And finally, when we asked on the 22nd of December, what percentage of parents who was more likely to have finished their Christmas shopping?
- a. Mums
- b. Dads
1. 53% of parents have an advent calendar
2. Secondary-aged children are least likely to own a Christmas jumper (70% of mums have one, 65% of dads, but only 64% of secondary-aged kids)
3. More than half of mums rearrange the Christmas tree (at least a bit) after their kids have decorated it
4. Around a third of primary parents have an Elf on the Shelf and around a third of primary parents prepare a Christmas Eve box
5. If they buy a gift for a teacher, most parents spend between £6 and £10 on it
6. Mums pipped dads to the post on Christmas shopping (but it should be noted there were still a fair few who had more shopping to do three days before Christmas… for the chart below we assume you all got to your shopping finished in time for the big day!)